Love Your Gut For Better Health
More and more people are interested in eating better, staying fit, and wanting to improve their health. I often hear my clients and students tell me, “I want to be healthier… but I don’t know where to start. What should I do?” My answer is simple: Love your gut! Start by improving your digestive health.
The gut is strongly connected to the strength of our immune system, energy level and how effectively we digest our food. Not only that, the gut is one of the “3 Brains” when it comes to health and wellness. In other words, your gut is at the very center of your mental and physical health.
[tweetthis]your gut is at the very center of your mental and physical health.[/tweetthis]
Unfortunately, it’s all too common to experience lots of digestive issues creating a negative impact on our energy levels, our ability to concentrate and even on our emotional state.
The quest to improve our health and trying to keep up with the latest trends can be confusing and exhausting, especially when dealing with chronic pain or imbalances. I remember getting frustrated when my back pain wouldn’t go away despite my best efforts.
I realized that I needed to concentrate on healing parts of my body, mindset and emotions instead of trying to do it all at once. In that way, it could be more manageable and see what was working and what wasn’t.
The constant travel engagements, teaching and coaching made it difficult to stick to a routine. Not only that, my digestion was weak, I was getting sick all the time and my pain increased. So I decided to start with what I could control and that meant how I fed my body.
Suddenly everything fell in place. The better I ate, the more energy I had, my immune system got stronger, my pain decreased and my digestion improved drastically.
When your digestive system is working properly you can experience
- More energy
- Mental clarity
- Better sleep
- Stronger immune system
- Glowing skin
- And more
You don’t have to take my word for it. If you want to improve your health, it’s your turn to try some (if not all) of the 7 tips below and let the magic happen.
6 Ways to Improve Your Digestive Health
1. Take a probiotic supplement. Taking a daily probiotic supplement will help boost the good bacteria in your gut while keeping the bad bacteria under control. It will also boost your immune system and reduce digestive issues. Make sure the supplement you’re taking is time released so you can fully enjoy the benefits of taking a daily dose of probiotics. I use one specific supplement that has both pre & probiotics (PB ASSIST) so I get the best of both world.
2. Eat more whole foods. Increase the intake of whole, plant based and fresh food to nourish your body and give it the fuel it needs for optimal functioning. You can also include foods that are rich in healthy bacteria (probiotics) like Sauerkraut, kimchi, and kefir.
3. Don’t over eat and avoid eating late at night. Over eating will tax your digestive system making it work harder. Eating late at night can increase heartburn and indigestion. It may also interrupt your sleeping and instead of giving your body time to rest and restore, it will be busy trying to digest food.
4. Reduce sugar intake and consumption of processed foods. Sugar and processed food are optimal grounds for bad bacteria to reproduce and grow. It also leads to feelings of heaviness, mood swings and cravings.
5. Hydrate. Drinking plenty of water is key. A good rule of thumb for staying hydrated is drinking half your bodyweight in ounces of water each day. Don’t wait till you’re thirsty to drink water.
6. Reduce stress. Stress can cause havoc in our digestive system weakening your gut health. Find ways to manage stress with yoga, meditation, therapy, time outdoors and more.
Do you want to go deeper?
Check out my Best Self Cleanse Program for a 28-day wellness program to improve your eating habits, cleanse your body naturally while eating healthy foods (never go hungry) and implementing easy to follow routines for a Healthier Happier You!