Improve Your Health Naturally
Starting each day by nurturing your body gives you the positive momentum to improve your health, your mood and outlook setting you up for a successful rest of the day.
Choosing to start your morning in a healthy way creates a stepping-stone for your mind and body wellness that will impact the way you feel, look and see the world around you.
I want to share with you my all-time FAVORITE morning ritual (and most used drink in my wellness programs 3-Day detox and Best Self Cleanse) that helps me start my day in a more connected, healthy and empowered way.
The morning elixir helps to improve your health by reducing inflammation, cleansing your body and stimulating the digestive and elimination system.
The morning elixir is a simple, yet powerful self-care practice, that boosts your digestive and elimination system, cleanses your body, and reduces inflammation.
My Morning Elixir
- 8-oz. of filtered warm water
- 1-2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar ( I prefer Bragg’s Raw and Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 1 half lemon (squeezed)
Pour WARM water in a mug and add the rest of the ingredients. Drink it up while warm.
I drink this elixir before I eat or have my green smoothie/juice in the morning. Some variations of this drink include adding cinnamon, honey and/or a sweetener.
Tip: Using WARM water (as opposed to hot or cold) is the KEY, as water too hot will kill the nutrients and enzymes that the lemon provides and water that is too cold takes longer to hydrate your body since your body will have to warm up the cold water first before it can begin to reap its benefits.
- 1 -2 Drops of Lemon essential oil (therapeutic and supplement grade) Since the essential oils are extracted from the rind and peel, the chemistry of the oil and juice are different providing you with added benefits when you incorporate the essential oil.
- Add a few slices of fresh ginger and steep for a few minutes. Ginger root is known to boost digestion, reduce inflammation associated with aches and joint/muscle discomfort. You can also substitute fresh ginger for 1-2 drops of ginger essential oil (therapeutic and supplement grade)
Why is this morning elixir is so important to me?
Your digestive system is responsible for your overall health and it supports other body systems, including your brain.
Adding Raw Apple Cider Vinegar to your daily morning routine can boost your digestive system, reduce inflammation and even assist in weight loss.
Apple cider vinegar is made through a long, slow fermentation process, making it rich in bioactive components giving it potent antioxidant, antimicrobial, and many other beneficial properties.
Benefits of Lemon:
- Boosts your immune system
- Aids digestion
- Alkaline in the body
- Flushes out toxins
- Helps aid in weight loss
- Is a natural blood purifier
- Balances your pH level
- Helps relieve respiratory issues
- Soothes throat discomfort
- Great for the skin
- Decreases the appearance of wrinkles
- Natural energizer
- Hydrates the body
Benefits of Raw and Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Rich in enzymes for a healthy gut
- High in potassium
- Helps clear up acne
- Helps relieve allergies
- Lowers blood pressure
- Lowers cholesterol
- Reduces inflammation
- Helps weight loss by breaking down fat
- Balances pH level
- Helps relieve muscle pain from workouts
- Helps prevent acid reflux
- Lowers levels of fatigue
- Aids digestion
- Helps control and prevent candida
Now that you know all the wonderful health-promoting benefits that lemon and raw-unfiltered apple cider vinegar can add to your life, why not give it a try?
Make sure you don’t go overboard with the consumption of apple cider vinegar since it is acidic. Moderation is the key, right?
For more tips and routines created to improve your health and love the skin you are in, please schedule a FREE 30-minute call with me. My goal is to make wellness simple and accessible to everyone.
Happy Morning Ritual!