Stepping Into Your Power
Have you ever felt like some of the challenges you are experiencing are meant to help you step into your power?
You are not alone! Many of my clients after enduring personal challenges, knew that stepping into their power was the only option.
Personal growth inevitably brings change… and change can feel uncomfortable, painful, and scary.
When we begin the process of stepping into our power, it can bring us closer to realizing our “Authentic Self”, leading to personal, emotional and spiritual growth.
We must learn how to accept and deal (in a positive way) with the discomfort we may experience when we are traveling through uncharted territories.
It can be very uncomfortable to be more assertive, allow ourselves to be SEEN, be vulnerable… but knowing that these challenges shall too pass can make a world of difference.
Think of these challenges as an opportunity life is giving you to:
- move you forward in the right direction
- bring you closer to who you are meant to be in this world
- feel authentic and empowered.
We can all chose to not to let fear stop us from embracing life in its full greatness.
A simple mudra (symbolic hand position/gesture) you can do to boost your sense of strength and stop fear is Kali Mudra. Simply bring your palms together and interlace all of your fingers, except the index fingers.
- Bring the base of your palms against your navel center with index fingers are pointed forward. This is my personal favorite option for when I need to feel empowered.
- Rest thumbs at your heart center so index fingers point up. A great option for when you want to keep your heart open or connect with your heart’s guidance.
- Raise your arms up keeping your hands in Kali mudra while seated or enjoying any yoga poses like Tree pose, Anjaneasana (Crescent pose) or Virabhadrasana 1 (warrior 1)
- You can combine or explore new variations with your arms as you hold Kali Mudra during any yoga pose. You will intuitively know exactly what to do.
What can you do today to move forward and embrace life’s ebbs and flows instead of resisting it? I would love to hear what you have to share!
Want to go deeper?
Check out my online yoga and pilates studio with lots of classes to choose from (restorative and calming to energizing, meditation classes, breathing techniques and more). If you are a beginner or a seasoned practitioner, in 20 minutes or less you can practice anywhere and anytime.