Self-care is a form of self-love which is an integral part of my daily wellness routine. Taking care of yourself should be part of everyone’s daily ritual, especially for women.
Unfortunately, the vast majority of women struggle with body image, self-love, and juggling the many hats they need to wear at home and at work…
Self-love means taking time for oneself, do what makes you happy, healthy and full of vitality.
When you take care of yourself you can fully show and be present for the people that matter in your life.
I’m a huge fan of using therapeutic grade essential oils to enhance my mood, get me centered, support my mental and emotional state and create a wellness routine that takes only a few minutes.
Top 5 Self-Care Rituals
Here are 5 simple self-care tips that are part of my daily wellness routine to promote self-love, happiness and health. You can also add some of the essential oil blends to enhance your self-care practice.
- Gratitude Journaling: it helps you set the tone for the day and brings you into a positive state of being. All you need is a pretty journal, pen and 5-10 minutes to write your thoughts. You can pair up this ritual with your favorite cup of tea. Use this special Abundance Blend (2 drops of Frankincense, 2 drops of Wild Orange, 1 drop of peppermint) Rub in your hands and take 3 deep breaths before you start to journal. It will feel like you are going on a retreat.
- Special Body Oil Blend: The skin is the largest organ in the body and as such we should be really mindful of what we put on our skin. I stopped using lotions that are full of chemicals. Instead, I created this wonderful oil blend that I use after I shower.
Adri’s Body Oil Blend
8 oz of organic almond oil (or you can mix 4 oz of almond and 4 oz of fractionated coconut oil), 10 drops of Frankincense, 20 drops of lavender and 20 drops of geranium essential oil. Mix together and store in a container. Apply to damp skin after showering.
- Yoga, Exercise and/or meditation: moving the body can do wonders for your mind, body, and soul. Taking a 10-20 minute walk or run… Practicing a few yoga poses or doing some sun salutations in your living room (Check out my 20-minute yoga and pilates classes in my virtual studio) or setting time to meditate can be exactly what you need to reduce stress, increase energy, and feel centered. I love to use peppermint oil with wild orange to give me a boost of energy and uplift my mood or I use sandalwood or frankincense to help me calm the mind, and enhance my yoga practice.
- Embrace Your Inner Goddess: The way you dress will definitely have an impact on your mood and confidence. Start with your undergarments and work towards the outer layers. Choose colors and fabrics that you love, add accessories from cute jewelry to scarves and hats to accentuate your personality. The key is that you feel comfortable and beautiful. As a yoga teacher, I’m in yoga clothes every day. But I choose prints, colors, and cuts that make me feel feminine, pretty and work best for my body. I use some jewelry, cute flip flops or shoes, and even scarves. In addition, I have a powerful weapon that my friend Mariza shared with me. I use the superwoman essential oil blend throughout the day helping me feel even better and smell great as well. Make sure you only use Therapeutic Grade and 100% natural Essential Oils
12 drops of sandalwood, 12 drops of clary sage, 8 drops of Ylang Ylang and 8 drops of bergamot. Blend together in a 10ml bottle and fill the rest with carrier oil of your choice. Apply to wrists, back of neck, behind ears, breast bone.
- Roll your tight spots away: This has been revolutionary in my daily self-care routine. I use therapy balls, foam rollers and other tools to work on tight spots in my body. This helps me break up some of the knots, flush lactic acid and improve range of motion. One of my favorite and easiest ways is to do this is by grabbing one of the therapy balls and roll it around my neck while watching TV or talking to my family. I also do it while traveling on a plane or car. Sometimes I do it before bedtime and I diffuse a calming blend (serenity OR cedarwood with wild orange OR Clary Sage, lavender and cedarwood) to help me get a restful night of sleep.
You can buy these incredible essential oils here. If you need any help choosing essential oils or have additional questions, please leave a comment below or schedule a FREE Wellness Strategy call here