5 Bedtime Stretches For Better Sleep
Side Bend in Gate Pose
- Inhale raise your arm _ Exhale side bend reaching the top arm over the head - Hold for 5 breaths before switching sides.
- Option to place a blanket or block under the hip for support - Rest on your forearms or stay upright - Avoid leaning to the side - Hold for 5 breaths
Wide leg Straddle Pose
- Keep toes pointing up - Exhale as you lower the chest toward the mat - Keep the spine long and avoid rounding your back - Hold for 5 breaths
Windchill Wipers Stretch
- Bring your knees together and feet hip width apart - Exhale and bring the knees to one side while looking over the opposite shoulder - Hold for 5 breaths - Inhale comeback to center and repeat on the other side
Legs Up a Wall
- Place a blanket under your hips - Bring the legs up a wall while keeping the hips as close to the wall as possible - Hold for 3-5 minutes
Practice this sequence 20 minutes before your bedtime for maximum results.
Want More Yoga?